Adolescents and young adults are coping with far more personal and social pressures than any other previous generation. By matching them with a volunteer mentor, young people can find the support they need and better develop skills effectively deal with these pressures.
WHO NEEDS A MENTOR?
Young adults ages 18-24 years old, live in our Men’s, Women’s and LGBTQ Transitional Housing Programs in Lisle and Naperville and were previously homeless. While living at 360, our residents focus on education, improving life skills and securing employment with the goals of being self-sufficient and living on their own.
Boys ages 13-18 years old currently reside in our Cornerstone Group Home in Lisle, are energetic, and sometimes struggle with issues related to trust and authority. These children are often involved with 360 Youth Services as a way to prevent them from becoming involved in the juvenile justice and child welfare systems.
How Can You Help?
We are looking for volunteer mentors who are . . .
• Mature, kind, accountable, compassionate, supportive, open-minded and a good listener
• Able to make a one-year commitment including weekly contact with the person you are mentoring
• Able to pass a background check and TB test, and to participate in training
• A minimum of 21 years old
OPEN YOUR HEART TO SOMEONE WHO NEEDS YOU – CLICK HERE FOR A MENTOR APPLICATION OR CALL 331-215-7388, ext. 1168.
Donate Goods or Services
To donate goods or services, including items from the 360 Youth Services Wish List, please call our Administrative Office at 630-961-2992.
Many of the youth assisted by 360 Youth Services, especially the residents of our Transitional Housing Program and Cornerstone Group Home for Boys, have specific needs. If you would like to make a gift that directly impacts a child or young adult in need, visit our Wish List
Here are some of the ways you can help us shine!
• Tutor to teach GED prep to Youth in our Transitional Housing Programs
• Tutor residents at Cornerstone Group Home for Boys
• Join the Gala Committee
• Become a Mentor
• Serve as a member of our Board of Directors
• Assist with technical computer expertise and support
Contact Jason Altenbern, Development Director to get started!
or Call (630) 961-2992, Et. 1127